Monday, June 29, 2015

Here comes blog # 3

And so begins blog # 3, this one, as its name suggests, about anything and everything. What freedom!

Blog # 1, AnimalBeat, taught me a lot both about blogging and animals. I loved it -- till I noticed I was getting fewer comments/followers/whatever, and I wasn't changing the world, or even to my knowledge, making it any better for animals. Plus, new technical ground rules were threatened and I wasn't willing to struggle to master them.

So after about 3 years and hundreds of posts, I let AnimalBeat lapse (with no storm of protest from readers). Besides, I had been invited to blog on the Star-Ledger's online pets page and had made a start. (I didn't stick to pets there, but discussed all animals of interest, and happily that went un-challenged.) In writing those longer posts, I learned lots more about blogging, especially the mechanics behind images, embedding links and other blog ingredients.

The S-L blog ended last February, and since then I've been thinking over how to keep track of my ideas, reactions, questions, gripes, poems, causes, concerns. . . and it finally dawned on me: another blog!  For the first time, this one won't deal exclusively with animals, although since animal welfare is my passion, animals are bound to come up here, often.

Here goes!  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment